UN Women works to foster women's empowerment and gender equality throughout the world. Currently working in 96 countries, UN Women is the only global agency dedicated to the empowerment of women.
Delivering programs aimed at empowering women and girls, UN Women has five priority areas of intervention:
- Increasing women's leadership and participation
- Ending violence against women
- Engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes
- Enhancing women's economic empowerment
- Making gender equality central to national development planning and budgeting